Exquisite Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Exquisite Guild on Bloodiron PVP(EU)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Idea box

Go down 
+3
Synatics
Perceptor
L0lz3r
7 posters
AuthorMessage
L0lz3r

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Here all of can post you ideas, it can be forum related or how anything that has to do with the guild.

So post it here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Perceptor

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:04 pm

We should organize our own achivements e.g. speedruns through various raids/experts.

Speedruns through multiple raids, like do 3 raids under 2 hrs or something!

I think this might get people to react more and use their cooldowns more frequent wich will make raiding easier for everyone, and it's also really fun.

I did this in World of warcraft with a guild I was in and people actually got really excited about theese events and it usually was a great outcome from it.
Back to top Go down
L0lz3r

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:23 am

good idea, i like it (Y)
i got another idea as well, shouldn't it be good if we made a officer recruitment thread, so that everyone that wants to be an officer can apply there and you guys can go through and pick the most suited?
Back to top Go down
Synatics

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Guild Rank Goals   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:44 am

I personally don't like the whole . . just wait and see if you get promoted and earn rights in the guild. I'd like to be able to clearly earn a higher rank

E.g. you start at the lowest rank and just joining the forum lets you go up a rank and earns you say 10 gold a day to spend on healers etc?

Maybe if you put in more than 1 plat into guild funds, you go up a rank.

- Member of the guild for a certain amount of days
- if you add a set number of items into the guild bank

For example, I could and would add stuff to the guild bank if I thought that I might be able to get other things in return.

I know that rights can be abused, we need to work out a way round this.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Nazaria

Nazaria

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:51 am

In my opinion a thread for Officer applications is not an option. Not now, or in the future. And thats mainly because you cannot make an officer based on what he says in his application. An officer is made because of his behavior, his efforts, his total attitude towards the guild, and of course his gaming activity. It doesn't matter if you are interested in becoming an officer. What matters is: 1) Does your guild need an officer at this point? 2) Have you proven you deserve to be an officer?

Officer application threads only worked for high end hardcore guilds. With players who, most of the times, where professional gamers, payed to play a game. In that case, if you make an application and write that you have a free amount of 10 hours a day to focus on guild management, and another 5 for raiding, it will be legit. You cannot afford to lie, or simply miscalculate.

In our case, the case of a casual guild who wants to enjoy the game above all, that kind of thing seems... too cold.

Also, i am working on a system for a monthly fee, that all guild members above incipient rank will have to deposit to the guild bank.
As for the decision if you should put stuff in the bank or not... it is yours only. But if you need something from the bank, you are free to ask for it from one of the officers. But we cannot give guild bank allowance to everyone... for the obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Synatics

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Level of the guild bank   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Okay well, I believe that once every two or three days, someone should sort the guild bank out.

By this i mean that they sell the things that clearly wont be used and deposit the money in the bank instead of having the junk items filling the valuable spaces. The chances of low level augments being used is incredibly small yet they are sitting in the guild bank taking up space. Maybe have a guild auction once a week where everything starts at like 1 gold or something. Maybe a chance for guildies to get real bargains?

The bank should be a place for items that will certainly be useful for someone in the guild but not for the person putting them in. We need to set a quality level on the bank is what I'm saying.

Anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
Perceptor

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 am

sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Sorique

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:18 am

I must agree to the things that have been mentioned above.
Unsure on how members will react to being "taxed" for being in the guild, or for a certain rank.

Need to explain that in a more complex context / content!

---WANTED---

Guild banner for summoning players on other guild member ranks also.
Been missing the function, and not that much used yet in the guild.
This will boost the game in our favor, and we got the perk.. so why not use it...
For better organizing this is a must in my opinion.

-------
Forums supposed to be public?

Sorique out! =)
Back to top Go down
Herai

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 am

In the raid section, have a player profile thread where people can post their Spec and crucial stats and update them as neccesary. This would make raid selection alot easier knowing who plays what, AOE healers, bard, dps etc. Such as:

Herai
Tank
224 Toughness
232 Hit

10531 Armor
346 Strength
724 Endurance
328 Attack POwer
Dodge 328
Parry 483
Block 538

If you guys prefer we could just have the bold section due to constant armor and equipment changes and being difficult to constantly keep up to date.

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Synatics

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: More Ideas . .   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:09 pm

More Ideas

1. Guild Event -
I think it would be a great idea to host a tournament each week to name a guild champion of the week. Each week the guild members can meet up at a certain time to watch and take part in a winner stays on PvP challenge in the Catari Command Center or somewhere. Winner is named on the guild wall and wins some money from guild bank perhaps? Maybe guildies could make bets?

2. Ranks -
I was thinking it might be good to appoint people to actual jobs that they can do for the guild. E.g. Finances or Accounts could be the person that clears the junk from the bank. This would make ranks much more meaningful. Possibly a rank for recruitment, events manager and obviously an officers rank. At the moment it seems that the officers pretty much do everything for the guild and make ALL of the decisions. Personally i believe it would be cool to see different jobs done by different people. Possibly a crafters rank that can only be earned by having a main skill up to 300 which gives them access to materials section of guild bank? Just a thought to make ranks for useful. We could have a trial rank to start with and if they want to stay as part of the guild after a trial period it's 5 plat a week or something. Not very much at all and will really help the guild if it got 5p from everyone!

3. Guild Forum -
We need to pad this forum out with much more juicy threads/topics etc. At the moment, apart from to post suggestions and sign up for raids, there isn't much reason to come to the forum. I've been thinking and I can't work out what exactly it needs. Possibly a General Discussions section as I didn't notice one. Also perhaps competitions and prizes to be won on the forum only? Now don't hate me but I believe we may as well get rid of the classes of telara section from this forum as the section on the main official rift forum is jammed with information which is more useful. If we just has general discussions then people could post anything which means that all the threads would be in one place and as there arent many it would make the forum seem much more full than it currently does. For example, we have a PvP section with nothing in it. In general discussion, if someone wanted a PvP build they could just post Which PvP build.. it's still general discussion Smile I believe the sections should be as follows - New (including welcome, rules and applications) General Discussions (including everything from people talking about builds, to people talking about crafting or help etc) Events (including raid sign ups and guild event times and places) Suggestions & Questions (people can post their suggestions and questions, pretty obvious) any more you can think of.

3. Team Speak -
We seriously need to start using this more often, it gets the community a lot closer. Not much more I can say apart from that the officers have to promote it a bit more really.

What do you think of these ideas?

Syn.
Back to top Go down
Nazaria

Nazaria

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 am

-Guild Events

I think its a nice idea. I don't know how manageable it is at the moment, since most of the people in the guild are struggling to gear up etc for 20 man's. But i think it is very doable in the near future. And not only PvP events, but anything that can come in mind.

-Ranks

The current rank system works in a very simple way. Incipients are trials. Everything over incipients is basically different Raider/main member Rankings, with cheeseburgers being officers, and big mac as the guild leader. The raider/main member rankings are based on certain things like raiding activity, pvp over pve preference, seniority, and they will be changed frequently depending on your behavior in our guild. I see no point in making a crafting rank for example... most of us should already have maxed out professions. Or make special ranks for clearing the bank, or recruiting. These are officer works. And the officer's have no complaints in doing them. It seems like some people have the urgent need to accomplish something with their rank. But what you suggest, is simply something more complicated with no meaningful reason. Trials can only be promoted when they prove that they should STAY in the guild. I don't care if you pay 5p every month... are you a nice fellow? are you active enough to help us with our raid progress? Then you will get promoted. What you say as "meaningful" sounds to me as an attempt to give everyone a rank that makes them feel good. But the bank is being cleared in daily basis. And everyone can have access to the guild bank materials... even alt's, one way or another. And you are very mistaken when you say that officers take all the decisions. For example, i had made a post for 6 days, called "Raiding days", in which i suggested some viable days, and waited for a reply from everyone, about the viability of those days. I got 2 replies. People didn't seem to care enough. Is that because of our ranks? If you had (and im not talking about you specific) an officer's Rank would you care enough to reply to my post? Cause if you did, then your whole behavior in this guild, is based on what rank you are. If someone feels that way, then maybe he doesn't belong here. I will discuss this further with the officers, and maybe we will change the rank names, cause people seem to get confused. But other than that, the ranking system is a typical one. One guild leader, enough officers to get all the needed work done, with no problems, and the rest as raiders-trials.

It is the first time in my life as a guild member (and i have been in many guilds, hardcore and casual) that i have heard the term of "reward". For example, someone asked me the other day, if they get a reward for recruiting people. Seriously? What kind of reward would that be? Promotion? Simply because you added one more member in YOUR community? Isn't that the whole purpose in the first place? We are not here to reward you for being in a guild. We are building a community, and we are trying to make that community as enjoyable as it can be, through playing the game. Not through rewards.

-Forum

I personally made the forum, and i am also the Admin. The PvP section has proven to be without purpose, you are right. So i deleted it. Classes of Telara already has some useful posts in it, but nothing that can't be found in the official forum. But i see no point in removing it, since many people don't use the official forums that much.
About the general discussion thread, there was already one... it was called "Various". But i renamed it already so that people wont get confused.
What you suggest syna, is to make the forum a bit smaller, not so much divided through sections, so that it would seem more "full". But that will make my work extremely more hard. And i think it will make the browsing of it more hard aswell. If you want to talk about builds, go to the guides section. Why put it into general discussion? If you want to read the guild/raid rules, go to the guild rules section. If you want to talk about anything else, go to the general discussion. That way, every section has a minimum amount of posts, and is extremely hard to overflood with junk. I already changed the name of the "Game" thread, to "Raid-Events". It will be the section, where all the raiding/other events will be announced.
You sugested a 3-thread forum. I dont know if you noticed, but the forum has 4-threads. The only difference is that i divided those threads into sections so that the browsing would be easier. For example, if i didnt divide the "Guild" thread into smaller ones, we would have only one thread for every single post that concerns the guild. And when the applications will start, that thread could easily be overflooded. Your only objection is the "Guides" thread basically which i will consider removing after i discuss it with the rest of the members.
I made a post in the general discussion, in which anyone could go and write about himself... so that we could come closer, learn about one another, personalize our community. No one got interested.

It will be funny to see how many people actually KNOW our dkp and bidding system, since today will be the first day we are going to be using it.
Back to top Go down

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:37 am

Hear hear Smile, well said Nazaria. We need to look at this as a community not a penis measurement contest. Just be nice to each other and help out, easy enough fundamentals. Our guild is a great guild, both social and active, that is enough to keep me happy and to be actually being able to do raids with players that are on the same stage in the game as i am is a big plus. The fact that we are all progressing together in the game and are in similar places gear wise gives us a great edge on giving everyone in the guild a fair share in taking part of our events. This means that there is equal amount of room for us all the grow at the same pace in the game.

Yeah and about the ´´prices´´ for doing certain stuff, i do not see any need in that. For me this kind of thing can pop up just jealousy and bad feeling between people. I do not see why we cant be a community that thrives from the reward of helping each. Handing out prices for doing tasks in the game just sound like a silly idea to me and does not seem all that rewarding to the guild as a group.
Back to top Go down
Synatics

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Hmm   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:43 am

Yeah that's fine about the forum and the ranks (even though i'm still confused as to why they are named after burgers) but that aside. .

You think it's a bad idea to hand out prizes for a guild PvP event? Memos said 'not out of the guild bank' which is fair but how about when win a post on the guild wall and whoever bets on the winner gets their money + 50% of the money of the person they bet against (the other 50% going toward prize money)

The PvP doesn't have to be very competitive just fun. In my eyes 'Bradburn' would probably be one of the best PvPers every single match but we start with the lowest prestige ranks in the guild and go up. The winner staying in the 'ring' until defeated. Even if the same person always wins because of gear, the others still have something to aim for.

I wouldn't cast this idea aside because of gear at all because it's not 'Serious PvPing' really.
Back to top Go down

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idea box   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:45 am

Of course if people want to be betting on pvp fights they can do so, and in it self it has nothing to do with the guild handing out any reward. But yeah i do not see anything wrong in using the guild wall to keep tabs on who is betting and the way you want to handle the betting is entirely up to those that choose to do so.
Back to top Go down
SinanU

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: 1 step closer.   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:43 pm

yo guys i was thinkin this for a while now but then i tought i will do it on my own and now i just realized it will take alot of time and risk so heres the plan:

Need 10-15 guildmembers to participate in the game Roulette, the one that wins (185 Platinum) will give each member back its 10 Platinum so none loses anything.
Like i said i tried it on my own and only could make like 400-500P out of it then i thought about this since it is way too risky to play that game on you're own because each person has a winning chance of 5% and if 10 members participate it will rise to 50% wich is alot easier and takes less time to fix the Platinum and less risk.
My reason for takin max 15 members is that if 1 of us wins that none of us loses a single Platinum as we would if there would be more since the price is only 185P and one member pays 10P.
Oh and if people start asking i don't need any Platinum or whatever it is NOT ment for the players, it's purely ment for the GB so our guild is 1 step closer to completion as i see GB getting full sometimes.
After we got the Platinum for the GB i thought of makin some more Platinum for the GB to keep it save around 500P should be enough and then people can start donatin some whoever wants to.
So as i said this is ment purely for the Guild and NOT for the players if some members need Platinum or whatever then we will talk it out with the raid if they wana stop or continue.
And don't forget people Roulette won't stay there forever so this is our chance to hit some jackpot Cool
Oh and don't forget that less members will bring up more Platinum and faster, but will take more risk so it is up to you guys wichever you desire.

I'd like to hear everyones opinion bout this.

Thanks for reading it and hope it will work out somehow Wink
Back to top Go down
Synatics

The Idea box Empty
PostSubject: Yes.   The Idea box I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm in Sinny!
Back to top Go down

The Idea box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exquisite Guild :: General Discussion-
Jump to: